Namibia, a land of vast natural beauty, magnificent wildlife & the mecca of Adventure Travel! Outfit Namibia is proud to be located in a country that is a vast as it is beautiful. A land that is peaceful, unpolluted & has the second lowest population density in the world! You can loose yourself in this desert country, leave your troubles behind & reconnect to your soul! Namibia is the playground of adventure seekers & fitness enthusiasts & here is why…
Fun & Interesting Facts of Namibia:
1. Location: Southwestern Coast of Africa
2. Area Size: 824,292 sq km
3. Population Size: 2.2 Million (yes, it’s that low!)
4. Languages: English, German, Afrikaans, Bantu, Khoisan & Namlish (our own mix of English, German & Afrikaans;)
5. Currency: Nam Dollar (N$) or South African Rand (ZAR)
6. Sunshine: Average of 300 Days a Year!!!
7. Rain: Only in Summer (if we’re lucky!)
8. Capital: Windhoek (Africa’s Cleanest Capital City! & Outfit Namibia’s Base)
9. Literacy: One of the Highest in Africa!
10. Wildlife: We have “The Big 5” , The Largest Seal Reserve in the World & Our Elephants Roam Free!
11. Conservation: Namibia protects its habitat & natural resources in its constitution
12. Nicknames: Namibia – Land of the Brave & Nam
13. Cuisine: Namibia is a haven for meat & fresh fish lovers! Our meat is exported to SA, UK & Norway etc.
14. Religion: 90% of the country is christian (yes, really)
15. People: Warm, Friendly & Multilingual People- Love Tourists!
Adventure Activities you’ll love in Namibia
3. 4 x4
5. Horseback Riding
11. Dune & Sandboarding
12. Flying & Gliding
17. Dolphin Cruising
18. Canoeing, Kayaking & Rafting
To book any of these experiences, please check out the Namibia Tourism Site or get special deals on StayToday Namibia!
If you’re coming as a delegate to the Adventure Travel World Summit 2013 in Namibia, check out our link here!
Outdoor & Indoor Fitness
1. Outdoor Obstacle Course by Outfit Namibia at Heja Game Lodge, 15min outside of Windhoek
2. Outdoor Fitness Camp at Okonjima, North of Namibia
3. Live It! Health & Fitness Club, Swakopmund
With so many reasons to visit Namibia, isn’t it time you came? You’re missing out 😉